A single programmable SMARTair® card opens bedrooms, common areas and student safes
Funway, a student accommodation block in the Spanish capital, provides a range of premium facilities beyond just single and double rooms with Wi-Fi. Residents can access a swimming pool, gym, laundry facilities, restaurant, games room and even a rooftop bar.
Funway takes its duty of care seriously. Managers sought a modern, flexible access control solution top rotect the young people from all over the world who live at the site.
- a secure system robust enough to handle hightraffic volume in residence common areas.
- wireless devices to fit all Funway’s multiple doortypes, including rooms and lockers.
- the flexibility to cope with rapid and highturnover in site users — students come and go allthe time, and may need access for 1 day, 1 weekor a few years.
- software that makes it easy to add, amend orcancel access rights at any time.
- a solution that “forces” students and other usersto regularly update their access permissions.
Funway selected a SMARTair electronic access control system. Now, student rooms are locked with SMARTair escutcheons. Energy-saving wall devices inside rooms regulate electricity use, and students each have a safe with a SMARTair e-motion cabinet lock. Students and staff open all authorised doors with the same access card: Funway’s gym, study rooms, games rooms, pool and changing rooms, spa and staff areas are also locked with SMARTair escutcheons. Because SMARTair escutcheons are powered by standard batteries, they do not rely on mains power and are cost-efficient and low-carbon to run.
Wall readers to open the main entrance and car park also function as updaters. So, all users are “forced” to update their personal access rights every time they use a credential to enter the accommodation block.
The bundled intuitive SMARTair TS1000 software makes day-to-day facilities admin straightforward. Adding or deleting a user’s access rights is easy — so security is not compromised if a student loses their smart card, for example, and adding new student arrivals or deleting former students from the system takes no time at all. It’s also easy to view an audit trail for any SMARTair lock or user, guaranteeing facility managers stay in control 24/7.